Flashcards Professor v1.1.6
We rely on our memory all the time, but most people have difficulty memorizing new information. A stack of flashcards are often used as a study aid, however, once you have more than a few cards, they become cumbersome and inefficient. Nobody has the time to daily review every card. Flashcards Professor solves this by using a spaced repetition memory system. Instead of trying to review every card, every day, you'll focus only on new information and what you're currently having trouble remembering. Also, at periodic intervals you'll be tested on past information, to help it go from short term, to long term memory retention.
- Support for a virtually unlimited number of questions.
- Questions can be text, picture, sound, or any combination of the three.
- Review questions as a quiz.
- Choose from three different quiz answer methods: "Hidden Answer" - similar to flipping the card to see the answer; "Multiple Choice" - pick the correct answer from a list; and "Typed" - best when you need to remember how to spell the answer.
- See the results of quizzes from the last thirty days.
- Special mode allows for practicing spelling words.
- Text to speech engine can generate audio from any text question. This is especially useful for spelling words, since they require audio.
- Definition lookup for spelling words.
- Import/Export from Google Docs spreadsheet for sharing questions.
- Backup and restore all your questions safely to your computer.
What's new in v1.1.6:
- Fixed bug that prevented importing from a Google Docs spreadsheet in iOS 7.
What's new in v1.1.5:
- Question groups can now be left in either card mode or list mode.
- If during a quiz you run out of time twice on a question, the answer will be displayed.
- Minor bug fixes.
What's new in v1.1.4:
- Added support for the iPhone 5's 4" display.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Flashcards Professor now requires iOS 5.0.
What's new in v1.1.3:
- Fixed a bug where adding a picture from the Photo Library could cause the app to hang.
What's new in v1.1.2:
- Minor iOS 5 fixes.
- Fixed a bug that could result in random missing questions after importing from a Google Spreadsheet.
What's new in v1.1.1:
- Fixed a bug that would cause importing from a Google Spreadsheet to fail.
What's new in v1.1:
- Questions can now be sorted manually.
- The application badge number will display the number of questions currently in the Daily Quiz. (iOS 4.0 or greater)
- Tapping a cards title will display the questions history.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Flashcards Professor to crash when attempting to restore a saved state.